pH5 Citrate Buffer, Aqua, SorbitolProduct Data.Product Page.Key Ingredients Learn More
Product Data.Product Page.About Product
A gentle shampoo for a sensitive scalp
Healthy skin has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5, making it slightly acidic. This natural acidity protects your skin from harmful bacteria and other substances, so when this balance is disturbed – for example, by heat, cold, diseases, cosmetics or stress – a sensitive scalp can result. Eucerin DermoCapillaire pH5 MILD SHAMPOO is specifically designed to maintain your skin’s natural pH level, and effectively cleanses your scalp and hair to prevent dryness and irritation. It washes away dirt, pollen and allergens, and gives your hair a healthy shine and a soft, supple feeling.
Product Data.Product Page.How To Use Product Intro Title
Product Data.Product Page.Ingredients Title
We choose all our ingredients with great care and never compromise on quality. Learn more about the key ingredients of this product.
Skin’s surface is covered by a protective acid mantle which gives it a mildly acidic pH. This pH plays an important role in skin condition and is key to skin’s protective barrier. It neutralizes alkaline-based aggressors (such as harsh surfactants), supports the essential process of shedding dead skin cells (known as desquamation) and creates the optimal environment in which skin’s natural flora can thrive.
When skin’s pH alters its barrier function is compromised. Water loss increases and skin dries out making it more susceptible to external irritants and sensitivity.
The Eucerin pH Balance System contains pH5 Citrate Buffer to restore and support skin’s optimal pH. This helps to strengthen skin’s barrier function, protect its natural defences and make skin less sensitive.
How do I know if I have a sensitive scalp?
If you regularly experience redness, tightness or irritation, you may have a sensitive scalp. These symptoms can be an indication of other scalp and health conditions, so we recommend speaking to your doctor/dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis.
What causes a sensitive scalp?
Anything that interferes with your scalp’s natural regeneration process can trigger the microinflammation that can cause a sensitive scalp. These include heat, cold, stress, water, cosmetics, certain skin diseases and genetic factors. Read more about sensitive scalp here.
How do I know if Eucerin DermoCapillaire pH5 Mild Shampoo is right for me?
Use this product if …
- You want to avoid products containing alkali soap: Eucerin DermoCapillaire pH5 Shampoo is alkali soap-free.
- You have a sensitive scalp: Eucerin DermoCapillaire pH5 Mild Shampoo gently cleanses while protecting your skin’s natural barrier to give your sensitive scalp the care it needs.
- You’d like a mild shampoo you can use every day: Eucerin DermoCapillaire pH5 Mild Shampoo’s gentle formula makes it suitable for daily use.
How do I know if I should try another product?
Try a different product if …
- Your skin is extremely intolerant: Try fragrance-free Eucerin DermoCapillaire Hypertolerant Shampoo instead.
- You have extremely sensitive skin or Psoriasis: You may find Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Shampoo more suitable, as it has an even milder, soothing formula.
- You have visible flakes on your scalp or hair: This may mean you have dandruff rather than a sensitive scalp. If so, try Eucerin DermoCapillaire Anti-Dandruff Gel Shampoo or Eucerin DermoCapillaire Anti-Dandruff Creme Shampoo. If the scaling is very light and your scalp is itchy you may have a dry and itchy scalp. If so, try Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Shampoo.
Product Data.Product Page.Related Articles Headline